In 2018, Angel City Chorale created the Angel City Youth Chorale (ACYC) in partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs around Los Angeles. As the program continues to evolve, we now work with Boys & Girls Clubs and local schools on weekdays, with Performance Choir sessions held on Saturdays. All of our programs are offered at no cost, and include basic elements of music theory, choral singing skills, singing with movement, performance technique, and more. We challenge our choristers to develop the creative, technical and intellectual skills to become stewards of the transformative powers of music in their communities and beyond.
Interested in joining ACYC? Enrollment will open again after our concerts this December!
There are two ways to be involved with ACYC: The ACYC After-School Program and the ACYC Saturday Program*
- Brings musical experiences to a wide range of communities.
- For children in 1st grade – 8th grade
- Sessions held weekly, after school
- Choral music education, vocal technique, introductory performance skills, building community, and having fun!
- Members will perform at community or school events
- For more experienced singers, ages 9-18
- Sessions held weekly on Saturdays, from 9:30am – 11:30am
- Advanced choral music skills, music theory, harmony, vocal technique, advanced performance skills, building community, and having fun!
- Weekly rehearsal attendance and participation in both ACC seasonal concerts is mandatory
- Members will perform at Angel City Chorale concerts and other events
*choristers enrolled in an after-school program are welcome to join the Saturday program, as long as they meet the age and attendance requirements
|Artistic Director and Lead Teacher
|Administrative Director and Lead Teacher
|Teaching Director and Lead Teacher
|Principal Accompanist and Teacher
|Lead Teacher||Debralee Daco|
|Lead Teacher||Jahna Perricone|
|Assistant Teacher||Collette Brennan
|Assistant Teacher||Erin Smith|
|Assistant Teacher||Olivia Tenhouten|
Help support this program of bringing the joy of music and singing to children by clicking on the donate button below!
Angel City Youth Chorale supported in part by the NEA