Grammy Award-winning Christopher Tin's 2014 album, The Drop That Contained the Sea, features Angel City Chorale (ACC) on 7 of 10 tracks.
The ten-part song-cycle, in ten languages, explores the theme of water in its different forms, with vocal performances by ACC alongside Grammy winners the Soweto Gospel Choir and Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares, as well as early music superstars Anonymous 4, Mongolian pop star Nominjin, world-renowned fadista Dulce Pontes, Grammy-nominated choir Schola Cantorum, and others. Christopher Tin composed and conducted the album with music performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Works on the Theme of 'Water'
1. Water Prelude (feat. Angel City Chorale) (Proto-Indo-European)
2. Haktan Gelen Şerbeti - "The Drink from God" (feat. Kardeş Türküler) (Turkish)
3. Temen Oblak - "Dark Clouds" (feat. Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares) (Bulgarian)
4. Iza Ngomso - "Come Tomorrow" (feat. Soweto Gospel Choir) (Xhosa)
5. Tsas Narand Uyarna - "The Heart of Snow" (feat. Nominjin) (Mongolian)
6. Passou o Verão - "Summer Has Gone" (feat. Dulce Pontes) (Portuguese)
7. Devipravaha - "Goddess River" (feat. Roopa Mahadevan) (Sanskrit)
8. Seirenes - "Sirens" (feat. Anonymous 4) (Ancient Greek)
9. Haf Gengr Hriðum - "The Storm-Driven Sea" (feat. Schola Cantorum) (Old Norse)
10. Waloyo Yamoni - "We Overcome the Wind" (feat. Soweto Gospel Choir) (Lango)
- Composed and Conducted by Christopher Tin
- Performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra